Town of Brookeville
Commissioners Meeting Minutes
Monday, January 8, 2018
Present: Sue Daley, Bill Gaskill
Absent: Jeff Johnson
Quorum present? Yes
present during all or portions of the meeting:
Town Clerk Cate McDonald, Property Manager Andrea Scanlon, Events Manager Brooke Curley
Town Residents: Buck Bartley, Barbara Ray
Others: Terry Hogan, GONews
Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Commissioner Sue Daley.
Open forum for Town Residents: no Town Residents wanted to speak.
ROUTINE TOWN BUSINESS:
Minutes: The December meeting minutes were approved.
- A review of the Town’s Highway User Revenue is pending
- There was a question about why the allotted funds for Payroll Taxes was almost all spent. The Commissioners will follow up with the Treasurer.
- The cost to move the streetlight near the Schoolhouse should be a Schoolhouse expense, not a streetlight expense.
New Commissioner: Commissioner President Daley swore-in Bill Gaskill, who was appointed to fill the seat vacated by Buck Bartley’s resignation.
- Codifying/organize Brookeville Ordinances: The Commissioners will make an appointment with the lawyer to get this process of updating the Town Charter and ordinances started.
- Photos of the Town and Academy: several professional photos will be purchased to use on the Academy’s Facebook page and print material, as well as the Town’s website.
- BPC Update: BPC Chair Andy Spagnolo tendered his resignation effected January 9th. Fred Teal’s term expired December 2017. The Commissioners agreed that the BPC would be 5 members (Anderson, Booz, Pryor, Scanlon, and Syski). A new Chair will be elected from the current 5 members.
- Events Manager thinks Academy rentals are on track to make the projected revenue amount of $20K.
- Donna Wills has made several weather cancellations with her school program.
- Events Manager is working on a Facebook page and will get quotes for rack cards.
Academy Roof: MHT’s Capital Grant program’s intent to apply has been extended 2 weeks. Sandy Heiler and the Property Manager are still working on the Town’s grant application.
Academy Lawn: Heritage Montgomery may have a mini-grant for the proposed lawn work and the mini-grant would be due in March. If the Heritage Montgomery mini-grant cannot be used for the lawn, it may cover signs for the Schoolhouse.
Refrigerator: has been ordered and should be installed by the end of the month.
Roadways: Property Manager is working on revised quotes for tar & chip.
Eagle Project status: The Eagle Scout is working on the approval process and paperwork. The Scout has a source for free mulch to use on the walkway.
- Streetlights: Dennis Bogan quoted $125 to cap the electric to the streetlight at 309 Market. The work will be performed Jan 20th. One the invoice is received the Town Clerk will process the insurance claim.
- Street Repairs: no pothole repair has been performed
ByPass: Cornelius Barmer and Aimee Zhang from SHA will attend and be first on the agenda.
- Next BPC meeting – Tuesday, February 6
- Next Commissioners Meeting – Monday, February 12
- The Semi-Annual Town Meeting is January 22, 2018. The meeting will be in the Dining Room; coffee and cookies will be available.
The meeting adjourned at 8:04pm