March 10, 2009
Commissioner President Michael Acierno, Commissioner Robert Heritage, Town Clerk Cate McDonald, Academy Manager Andrea Scanlon, Treasurer Susan Johnson. Commissioner Katherine Farquhar was away. Present during all or portions of the meeting was Pam Saul, liaison of Senator Rona Kramer.
Minutes: The February 2009 Commissioners Meeting Minutes were approved.
Financial: The February financial report was reviewed.
- A few more rentals, mostly town residents.
- An inquiry was made about a rental contact by a sword master that wants to rent the Academy during a weekday night for historical sword practice. Currently this group meets at Gatsby’s Tavern but would like a more central location for their members to meet. Academy manager will meet with prospective renter and find out more information.
- Donna Will’s has not pursued her long term Academy rental request.
- Wind damaged a gutter down spout that will need to be repaired
- Brown’s Refrigeration will be working on a damper that is sticking and causing all the hot air to go upstairs and not heating the downstairs. Repair estimated at $600
- Academy snow removal seems to be more efficient during the last snow fall.
Snow Removal: Town’s snow removal contractor did not plow the hill along North St. during the March 2nd snow squall. Next winter season, the Town will look for a contactor that offers salt and sand as part of their services.
Election Nomination: no nomination letters for the May 12th election have been received as of yet.
309 & 311 Market St: Deeds Wells showed up for his most recent court appearance before a different judge who gave him 30 more days to get his property up to date.
Schoolhouse: still no information from Walter Blank
Sidewalks: bids for sidewalk replacement in front of 3 High St were reviewed but not awarded.
Stimulus money: Commissioners sent a letter to our Governor, State Delegation, County Council members, County Executive, and SHA official asking for funding of the Bypass and repairs of east Market St. Residents will be encouraged to send letters in support of stimulus fund being used to fund the Bypass.
Governor’s Stimulus Workshop: Commissioner Michael Acierno will attend a Q/A session with the Governor’s Staff regarding stimulus fund March 13th. While in Annapolis, Commissioner Acierno will drop in on our State Delegation.
MML Montgomery County Chapter Meetings: Commissioners Acierno and Heritage will try and make the next meeting. Commissioners Acierno noted that our MML dues were increased slightly to $330.28 yearly.
Budget: Treasurer and Commissioner Acierno will begin work on the Town’s yearly budget to present at the Annual Town Meeting in May.
The meeting adjourned at 8:50 p.m.