Town of Brookeville
Commissioners Meeting Minutes
ACADEMY 2nd Floor Meeting Hall
Monday November 10 2014 6:30 PM
Present: Katherine Farquhar, Sue Daley, Buck Bartley, Diane Teague, Barbara Ray
Outstanding Grants and Expenses:
- One grant for $27,000.00 will not be received.
- Waiting for final payment from one other grant.
- Waiting for final bills from Quinters and Madison re-enactor.
- Need to determine what other event expenses are outstanding.
ROUTINE TOWN BUSINESS
- Approve October minutes
- MDA report: completed and sent before Nov. 1st
- Academy Rental & Maintenance:
Academy continues to be busy. Added two non-paying groups: a scout troop and parent scout troop. Chabad of Olney will use the Academy for 6 weeks for a nominal payment.
- The new propane tank was installed and the new one will be removed when it is empty. Dennis Bogan fixed lights inside the Academy and replaced the ballast in the office light.
- Andrea would like to analyze Academy expenses by month to establish base-line costs such for utilities, cleaning etc.
- Provide expense information: Susan
- Analyze costs: Andrea
- Classify costs, survey energy use to determine what events use the most, determine what if any changes to make.
- Commissioners approved a pilot program to replace the workings in town street lights on North St.
- Holiday Party 2014: December 6th
- Notice in newsletter, email reminder and mailed invitations: Diane
- Food list/quantities: Susan
- Town Maintenance Updates:
- Leaf removal: Buck will contact Todd Greenstone to pick up on November 23. Not quantities for next year.
- School House: Waterproofing Schoolhouse and new door handle/lock
- Ask Miche Booz to call HPC about School House water issues and remediation.
- Pick up new door handle at Home Depot.
- Bartley Construction contract: final amended contract is ready
- Light at end of Scanlon Driveway PEPCO. Diane will contact PEPCO again
- Attended by Debbie Wagner: will get summary.
- November & December SHA Meeting dates & Coverage: Town Commissioners place a high priority on monitoring the progress of the bypass.
- November 25 at 10:00 am: Walk bypass route. See if SHA representative will accompany commissioners.
Brookeville Next Steps: After the Ribbon-Cutting (Discuss & plan)
Town Conversation Nov. 10th to follow Commissioners meeting to hearing resident concerns/ideas.
Adjourn: 7:30 pm
Respectfully Submitted by: