Town of Brookeville
Commissioners Meeting Minutes
Monday, September 11, 2017
Present: Buck Bartley, Sue Daley, and Jeff Johnson
Quorum present? Yes
present during all or portions of the meeting:
Town Clerk Cate McDonald, Property Manager Andrea Scanlon, Treasurer Susan Johnson, and Events Manager Brooke Curley
Town Residents: Rebecca Yount; Bill Gaskill
Others: Terri Hogan
Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Commissioner Sue Daley.
- .Rebecca Yount, the property owner of 104 Water, addressed the Commissioner with the following comments: it has come to Dr. Yount’s attention that her property and the adjacent property of 301 Market were reported for code violation to MoCo. She learned the exact code violations for her property by calling 311. She does not have a problem with someone reporting the code violations if the violations are valid. She does not have concerns about how her tenants chose to decorate the property, etc.… only concerned with the code violations. Dr. Yount also asked the status of the permit for 301 Market’s barn and shed. She says she has not been getting updates from the BPC regarding the permit process. There was a discussion about the permit, setbacks, and the ingress / egress easement on her property. Dr. Yount requested a copy of all TBBP be submitted prior to the next BPC meeting on October 3, 2017, in a timely manner to review.
ROUTINE TOWN BUSINESS:
Minutes: The July Meeting minutes were approved, as edited.
Financial: The Town’s financial reports were emailed prior to the meeting for review.
The cost of QuickBooks Online is increasing to $50 per month. The Treasurer will look at options to get a discount with Costco and other sources.
The projected Income Tax Revenue from the State should be correct.
Academy Rental Update:
The Events Manager reports that the Academy is busy with activities every night of the weeknight with a drama class, Scouts, Hebrew School and lecture series.
Brooke is working on a flyer to post advertising the Academy.
There was a discussion about the need of photos of Town and Academy for the website and promotional material for rentals. Luca Casareto, Ikona Photography, will be contacted to take pictures.
The Events Manager was asked to organize some activities for Town Residents to get together, like an ice cream social.
- Codifying/organize Brookeville Ordinances: the commissioners will make an appointment with the lawyer to get this process of updating the Town Charter and ordinances started
- BPC: the September 5th meeting of the BPC was recapped.
- Fall clean-up/Dumpster location: the dumpster will be made available to Town Residents this Fall at the Schoolhouse parking pad. The Town Clerk will contact Our House to organize curbside pickup of items to Residents who sign up in advance while the dumpster is in Town.
- There will be 2 bagged leaf collections this year. Our House will be contacted about handling the collection.
AcademyProperty Manager Reports
- Academy Roof: this project is on hold. Property Manager is waiting to hear back from MHT about the roof and the lawn project.
- Kitchen: the donated microwave is an under the counter model; a shelf will need to be built in the kitchen. GFI and a new refrigerator are still needed.
Schoolhouse: Property Manager Reports
- Floor refinishing and painting is needed
- What to do with the exterior sign?
- Eagle Scout: clearing the lot and creating a path. This is a work in progress. The Eagle Scout will be meeting with Heritage Montgomery and Sandy Heiler to discuss the project on Sept. 21.
Streetlights: Dennis Bogin has been coming on Saturday’s to work on the Town-owned streetlights.
Mr. Bogin gave an estimate of $18K to replace the streetlight that was run down in front of 308 Market. Property Manager will have Mr. Bogin break the quote down before it is submitted to the insurance company.
- Property Manager is meeting with a contractor tomorrow about tar & chip. CPH may have to be contracted to stake out the roadway reshaping according to topo survey that was done and supervise the reshaping of the roadways.
- SerraStone: $1,500 per day quote to temper per day on the gravel roads. The Property Manager will try to find out who was MoCo contractor for Brookeville Road, which was resurfaced to tar & chip several years ago.
- The patchwork recently is done on eastern Marker St. washed away with a recent rain storm. The Property Manager is getting more quotes to repair eastern Market St; work is estimated to be complete before winter. There are no current plans to replace the speed bumps.
- Next SHA meeting is unknown.
- Next BPC meeting – Tuesday, October 3
- Next Commissioners Meeting – Monday, October 11. The meeting will be held on Columbus Day. The Events Manager will not be in attendance; she will be representing the Academy at Community Night.
- Town picnic – September 17. Set-up will start at 1pm. Salem UMC will have supervised games and a crossing guard this year.
- The auditor will be in the Town Office tomorrow conducting the annual fiscal audit.
The meeting adjourned at 8:38pm