Town of Brookeville
Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Planning Commission Members:
Present: Andy Spagnolo, Harper Pryor, Chris Scanlon and Miche Booz
Absent: Garrett Anderson, Stefan Syski, Fred Teal
Quorum present? Yes
Town Resident Present: Commissioner Sue Daley
Others Present: none
Proceedings: Meeting called to order at 7:30 p.m. by Chair, Andy Spagnolo
- 210 Market: Tree removal and fence installation. After a brief discussion, the permit was unanimous approved; BPC Chair Spagnolo signed the permit
Minutes: the November 7 meeting minutes were reviewed.
Follow up from the last meeting:
- There was a discussion about the role of the BPC for permit approvals. The BPC is Local Advisory Panel (LAP) to the HPC and can give opinions about projects within the Town. There are different criteria for homes within the Town. Homes that are non-contributing resource are held to a lower standard for approval. After a Resident comes to the BPC for a preliminary consultation, the BPC can give their opinion, if any, to the HPC for consideration.
- How will the BPC make progress on the Comprehensive Plan update?
- Open vs. Closed meetings: if all the BPC meetings are open, the BPC will make no progress. Harper Pryor wants to invite Tim Tamburrino, from MHT to an upcoming meeting to advise on streetscapes, but not to an open meeting. The BPC will hold an administrative function meeting for when Tim Tamburrio is in attendance.
- January 2, 2018 meeting will be rescheduled.
Streetscapes / Comprehensive Plan
Chris Scanlon brought a large map of the Town. BPC members marked up an overlay of the map and discussed ideas for the post-ByPass era. Items discussed: sidewalks along of all of Market Street and High Street; slowing the speed limit in Town, and streetscape concepts. Also, energy self-sufficiently for the Town.
Meeting adjourned at 9:10p.m.
Cate McDonald, Town Clerk