Town of Brookeville
Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Attendance – Planning Commission Members:
Present: Andy Spagnolo, Garrett Anderson, Stefan Syski, Harper Pryor, Chris Scanlon and Miche Booz
Quorum Present: Yes
Town Commissioners: Sue Daley
Town Residents: Sandy and Duane Heiler, Debbie Wagner
Call to Order: 01/9/2018 meeting opened by BPC Chair, Andy Spagnolo
In December 2017, BPC Chair Andy Spagnolo tendered his resignation to the Town Commissioners, to be effective 1/9/2018. President of the Town Commissioners, Sue Daley, announced that the BPC would consist of 5 members (Anderson, Booz, Pryor, Scanlon, and Syski) and the Commissioners would not replace the position vacated by Andy Spagnolo. Further, President of the Town Commissioners requested that the BPC elect their new BPC Chair prior to the 1/22/2018 Semi-Annual Town meeting.
Minutes: 12/5/2017 meeting minutes were reviewed.
Preliminary Consultations: None.
Permit Approvals: None.
Streetscapes / Comprehensive Plan:
Continued exploration of streetscape ideas in support the Brookeville Comprehensive Plan, discussion included:
- Review of town map
- Identification of known sub-dividable properties with access to historically significant sites
- Conservation easements
- Walkability to additional archeological and historic sites – Thomas Mill, Newland Mills, Oakley Cabin
Discussed opportunities to leverage expertise within Maryland Historical Trust (MHT):
- Tim Tamburrino is Preservation Officer/Transportation Reviewer with specific expertise in roads
- Nell Ziehl is Chief, MHT Office of Planning, Education and Outreach
- BPC to invite Nell Ziehl to upcoming meeting
New Business: None.
Other Business: None.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 8:29pm.