Town of Brookeville
Commissioners Meeting Minutes
Monday February 9, 2015Â Â Â Â
Present:Â Katherine Farquhar, Sue Daley, Buck Bartley, Andrea Scanlon, Diane Teague
Approve January minutes.
Brookeville Planning Commission Recommendations:Â
- Rewrite membership criteria, mission
- A five member Commission that reports to the Commissioners.
- 3 year terms that are renewable once without a break.
- Seek a balanced commission that includes residents with expertise in architecture, architectural history, contracting, etc. and represents four quadrants of the town.
- All members must be legal residents of the town.
- Staggered terms beginning June1 of each year. Start with 2 current commissioners will serve one year and 3 new commissioners will come on board.Â For the first term the current serving commissioners can be appointed for a second 2 year term.
- Contact HPC for information:
- Certifying the BPC as formal Advisory Committee.
- What enforcement measures are available for non-compliance?
- Work with BPC to create method/policy for communicating HPC requirements for work in historic district.
BYPASS: Next SHA meeting February 24. Environmental studies done in 2002 need to be done again.
ROUTINE TOWN BUSINESS
- Budget: Get overall reconciliation of 1814 events from Susan
- Academy Rental & Maintenance update:
- Rentals going well
- Parking sign: Andrea to get design for SUMC to approve. Commissioners approve $1,500.00.
- Academy Roof: Shake vs. Cedar.
- Ask Miche and/or Hank Handler about original roof.
- Andrea will get estimates for both
- Ask Miche about light pole.
- HAWP for Academy sidewalk approved (not received)
- Sidewalk: Estimated cost $6-7,000. No funds designated yet.
- Budget line item 6227: Public Area Maintenance $15,000.00
- Budget line item 6225: Leaf removal $2,000.00
- Budget line itemÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â :Town Maintenance: $38,000.00
- Can use $7000 from Public Area Maintenance
- Fire Alarm System: Decision is pending whether to upgrade system or buy new. If new whether to look at different vendor than made previous recommendation. Need to research. Safety is priority.
- Things to consider:
- Current system has false alarm problem.
- The actual use of the building is sporadic.
- Siemens is both contractor and manufacturer.
- Andrea will look at different vendors and ask Denis Bogan for recommendation
- Things to consider:
- Electric Door Opener: Ask Miche about code compliance issues.
- Closets: All are full, need to get guidance on document retention and destruction. Contact MML. Important things can be donated to the Sandy Spring Museum.
- Town Maintenance:
- Street lights: North St. LED get details from Denis Bogan. Black town lights: change all to LED. Pick type, determine how many lights and get bid.
- Our House Maintenance agreement:Â $20/man hour
- Punch List:
- Angel base removal
- School House: High Priority.
- Issues: mold throughout, rotting siding
- Emergency Measures: Need mold remediation, new roof, dehumidifier, grading, gutters: Bids: $7-8,000
- Get estimates just for stabilization.
- Door knob is fixed.
- Make sure electrical feed is sufficient for dehumidifier.
- Ash Trees: Emerald ash borer not here yet. Consult tree report from 12/3/2008. Barbara Neal
- Pavers broken in front of Aciernoâ€™s house.
- Open Discussion:
- Karen Montgomery has asked that a representative from the town be present at GOCA meetings
Respectfully Submitted by: Diane Teague