June 9, 2008
Present:Â Commissioner Michael Acierno, Commissioner Robert Heritage, Commissioner Katherine Farquhar, Treasurer Susan Johnson, Clerk Cate McDonald, Academy Manager Andrea Scanlon, Gazette Reporter Terri Hogan, town residents, Councilman Michael Knapp
Resident Meeting with Councilman Michael Knapp (D-Dist. 2) started 7:00 p.m. Councilman Knapp fielded question from Town Residents:
- Brookeville Bypass: 3rd or 4th on the Counties priority list; County Council is looking at alternate forms for transportation funding such as bonds, public / private partnerships. Several residents expressed their frustrations about the long delay in funding the Bypass and safety concerns due to traffic.
- Councilman Knapp will work to standardize HPC permitting for historic buildings wanting to use energy efficient technology
- East Market Street: Town requests county funding for repairs of Market Street. Councilman Knapp will set up a time to meet with the Commissioners to discuss the possibility of county reimbursement for Market Street repairs
- Deterioration of Brookeville Road intersection with Market Street needs to be addressed by the County
- Councilman Knapp will look into speed camera for Northbound Georgia Avenue in an effort to slow traffic through Town. Also consider restricting truck traffic through Brookeville.
Councilman Knapp departs at 7:50 p.m.
- Trees: several large trees fell in Brookeville during the June storm. The Town will look into hiring an Arborist to consult about the health of our trees and how to reduce risk to property in future storms.
Town meeting adjourns 8:05 p.m.
Commissioners meet for Juneâ€™s Commissioners Meeting following the Town Meeting
Present:Â Commissioner Michael Acierno, Commissioner Robert Heritage, Commissioner Katherine Farquhar, Treasure Susan Johnson, Clerk Cate McDonald, Academy Manager Andrea Scanlon, Gazette Reporter Terri Hogan, Fred Teal
Election:Â Commissioner Acierno was nominated by Commissioner Farquhar to be President of the Commissioners; unanimously approved
Minutes:Â Mayâ€™s Commissioners Minutes were approved
Annual Town Meeting Minutes were approved
Financial Report:Â The May financial report was reviewed.
Powers Wood:Â The Commissioners will contact Rick Allan regarding the Powers Wood land use charter
Accutech:Â the plus / minus of Accutech Security was discussed. Recent interactions with Accutech during the June power outage were not positive. Academy Manage Scanlon will conduct a walkthrough of the security system with the Commissioners on Saturday.
Brookeville Energy Advisory Committee:Â The final draft of the Charter was submitted by Fred Teal. The draft was approved with minor changes. Fred Teal, Doug Palmer, Debora Wagner, Harry Montgomery, and Andrea Barr were appointed by the Commissioners to serve for a 2-year renewable staggered terms.
Correspondences:Â Commissioner Acierno will draft the following letters
- Thank You and follow up with Councilman Knapp
- 309 Market Street and 311 Market Street code enforcement prior to hearing date
HVAC:Â Heat pump with propane backup being considered; the cost of erosion control and landscaping needs to be factored into test boring cost for geothermal system
Academy Rentals:Â Academy Manager Scanlon reports that Academy rentals are increasing; she is working on updating the rental contracts and will presents drafts of proposed changes at the next Commissioners meeting.
Gutters:Â Commissioners were presented with 2 options for cleaning the Academyâ€™s gutters
- One time cleaning quoted at $120
- Yearly contact for 3 cleaning quoted at $300
The Commissioners approved the $300 yearly contact quote from Royal Gutters
Meeting adjourned 9:15 p.m.
Respectfully Submitted by: