May 11, 2015 Commissioners Meeting Minuets

Town of Brookeville
Commissioners Meeting Minutes
Monday May 11, 2015
7 PM

Present: Katherine Farquhar, Sue Daley, Buck Bartley, Andrea Scanlon, Susan Johnson, Diane Teague, Debbie Wagner, Barbara Ray, Fred Teal

Approve April 23, minutes
Open Discussion:
• Several town streetlights are out. They are located one each at the end of North St., Water St., High St. and two on Market St. There are several different bulb varieties being tested. Town is going away from amber Na-Halide. Need to choose a bulb type and have all replaced with the same type.
• Budget concerns: Overages/underages are usually in the same area with overall changes remaining within the same category. In preparing the budget the previous five years are considered. The goal is to get the budget posted and available before the town meeting.
• Commissioners will work to get the agenda out a week in advance of the town meeting.

Budget Update:
• Budget: reviewed proposed FY16 budget.

• Rentals: Spring continues to be good. Not much on the books for summer and fall yet but expect some graduation parties in June.
• Maintenance:
o Fire Alarm system: Andrea met with Bogan about new system. They are revising their proposal. Fixture counts off and need to look at annunciator panel to recommend options. The work will take 3 business days and the building will be off line during that time. Will try to schedule the work for a MW&Th. Drawings and permit submission are needed which should take 3 weeks. The contract will be signed in current FY.
o Exterior: Buck will get estimates.
 Outside light: Waiting for recommendation from Sandy and Miche. Work will be done after or at the same time as the brick walk.
 Walkway: Need price of brick and contractor. Don’t have enough information yet to get pricing. Buck and Andrea will contact Miche and Sandy for brick selection. Andrea will get pricing.
 Any funds not spent will be rolled over into undesignated reserve.
 Automatic accessible door opener: Have an estimate for similar installation at Salem UMC. The price should be roughly the same. When the exterior work is complete wheel chair access should be seamless.
 Roof: Andrea will get estimates for new roof both cedar shake and metal. Expense will be in the next FY.
• Contractor list: Leski, Mike Brown, Dan True
o School House:
 Remediation contractor’s work is complete.
 Electrician will install outlets 2-3 weeks after order.
 Two proposals for additional work for dehumidifier system.
• Remediation contractor
• HVAC contractor
 Used dehumidifier in the space. It pulls water but drainage is a problem.
 Andrea will meet with Academy HVAC contractor
 Attic: Insulation and mold remediation work will be done after roof issues are addressed. Getting estimates from remediation contractor.
 Work done and dehumidifiers estimated total cost $8,000.00
 Total for stable, safe and restored building estimate approximately $20,000.
• Adjustments to gutters
• Grading
• Painting roof
• Repairing rotted wood
• Remediation work in attic
 Possibility of moving school house to a spot where conditions are not so destructive to the materials. Don Moore’s committee will help clarify this.
o Town Streets:
 Considering speed limit signs entering east side of Market St. Buck will contact Chris Carey at Montgomery County to see what can be done.
 Rural road designation may limit number of signs possible.
 Speed bump sign is obscured by tree on Ferris/Moneyhun property.
 Goal is to make town’s east entrance safe for pedestrians.
 Contract for Leary: divide North Street for immediate fix. Stipulate NO vibrator/roller on North, South or Water Streets. Buck will sign contract and approve 50% down payment. Send flowers/card to Albus’ and Davis for interim fixes.
o Dumpster: Hire dumpster for clean-up weekend. Check on allowed content.

SHA: Moving ahead with plan. Getting into design phase where hydraulics, environmental issues will be addressed. Meetings are every two weeks now instead of monthly.
Team of 5 people attended hearing where current alignment (7 modified) was confirmed.

Beyond the Bypass Task Force: Don Moore will compose group with one member each from Commissioners and Planning Commission in addition to residents.

• Diane will print ballots, get list from county
Town Meeting:
• Diane will print sign-in sheets, get refreshments. Andrea will find child care.
• Budget, agenda and newsletter will be mailed one week before the meeting.

Adjourn: 8:50 pm
Respectfully submitted by: Diane Teague