November 10, 2003
ATTENDING: President Richard Allan, Commissioners Robert Heritage and Les Unglesbee, Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson, and Terri Hogan from the Olney Gazette were in attendance. The meeting began at 8:00 p.m. at the Brookeville Academy.
MINUTES: The minutes for September were read and accepted as submitted.
FINANCIAL REPORT: The financial report was reviewed and accepted.
REGULAR ORDER OF BUSINESS:
1. Operations and Maintenance:
Public Maintenance. Susan Johnson reported that the quarterly HVAC maintenance and the yearly fire extinguisher service have been completed. The streetlight that was damaged during the hurricane Isabelle is on order and should be delivered to the electrical installer in January. The commissioners also approved gravel for North and South Streets.
2. Schoolhouse Restoration The roof work is to start next week. Mrs. Johnson prepared a worksheet on all schoolhouse expenses and the budget that was reviewed by the commissioners. She has also gone over the worksheet with Miche Booz who is overseeing the project.
3. MML Chapter Update – President Allan stated that the town would be sponsoring Delegate Karen Montgomery and Herman Taylor as guests at the annual Maryland Municipal League Chapter Meeting in November. He will call State Senator Rona Kramer to see if another town is sponsoring her. If not, the town will sponsor her also. Commissioner Unglesbee will be attending.
4. Water Street- the commissioners discussed the final stages of this project including road development, signage and relaying the brick sidewalk.
5. Bordly Drive – It is being completed five months ahead of schedule and should be open by the end of November.
The town holiday party is on December 13 at 6:00 p.m.
The meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m. The next meeting is on December 8 at 8:00 p.m. at the Brookeville Academy.
Susan L. Johnson