April 13, 2009
Commissioner President Michael Acierno, Commissioner Robert Heritage, Commissioner Katherine Farquhar, Town Clerk Cate McDonald, Academy Manager Andrea Scanlon. Treasurer Susan Johnson was away. Present during all or portions of the meeting was Gazette Reporter Terri Hogan
Minutes:Â The March 2009 Commissioners Meeting Minutes were approved.
Financial:Â The March financial report was reviewed.
- 1 new rental and 3 possible new rentals.
- rental inquiry was made by a local Boy Scout Troop to hold their Eagle Scout Ceremony. They wanted to know if they could have a reduced rate in exchange for a service project benefiting the Town. Commissioners approved this request.
- Donna Will expressed an interested in Heritage Days when the Town has the Brookeville Schoolhouse open. She will dress as a period school teacher June 27th 12noon â€“ 4:00pm.
- Donna Will requested a reduced rate for her teas to help get business off to a good start at a new location. She still is not firm as a long term rental. The Commissioners approved to offer 2 teas at the introductory rate of $100 for a Sunday
- Brownâ€™s Refrigeration completed the damper work and HVAC is working properly.
- Academy Manager request to purchase a highchair and diaper changing station for both bathrooms. Commissioners approved this request.
Election Nomination: no nomination letters as of today. Election is schedule for May 12th 4:00pm â€“ 9:00pm. Deadline for nomination letter is April 14th.
309 & 311 Market St:Â no new progress. Property owner has done some work. Commissioner will consult with BPC on what permits are required. Commissioner will try and determine property owners next court date and follow the progress with MoCo Code Enforcement and the court system.
Clean Energy:Â Commissioner Acierno approved the Town Clerks request to release our Pepco rate usage to Clean Current for a quote on 100% wind energy for the Town. Clean Current is part of MoCo Clean Energy Rewards program. WGES (Clean Steps) current rate is 12.20Â¢/kWh for a 1 year, 100% wind contract.
Schoolhouse:Â Walter Blank sent in his bid for repairs: $31,000. The Commissioners will ask Walter for an itemized breakdown of the cost associated with each repair and a priority listing of the repairs. Walterâ€™s bid exceeds the budget allotted to the Schoolhouse.
Sidewalks:Â Commissioner approved the lowest bidder, Bartley Construction, for the replacement of the sidewalk in front of 3 High St.
Stimulus money:Â County Council replied that there is no stimulus money for the Bypass. MoCo received very little stimulus funds. The Commissioners will send the County Council the Record of Decision concerning the Bypass.
Speed Camera:Â Commissioner Farquhar wants the data from the speed camera location on Georgia Ave, the northern approach into Town.
Olney Chambers of Commerce:Â Commissioners approved a $100 donation to OCC Scholarship Fund. The Scholarships are awarded to local area high school students.
Annual Meeting: The Townâ€™s Annual Meeting is scheduled for May 13th at 8:00pm.
The meeting adjourned at 9:25 p.m.